Re: insight/328: Remote debugging - register window does not getupdated after download

The following reply was made to PR insight/328; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Robert Bu <robert_bu@realsil.com.cn>
To: <insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: insight/328: Remote debugging - register window does not get
 updated after download
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:14:49 +0800

 Hi,

 I have the same problem here (insight 6.8-1). I can see the updated
 registers if I select another group, such as "system". However, the
 register remain as read-only. They become editable only after I run some
 instructions. And if I connect to remote target first, then open the
 register window, all works right.

 I think it can be reproduced by gdbserver. If I open the register window
 first, then connect to the remote target (through "target remote xxx" in
 console window), the register shown in insight's register window is
 read-only. However, if I connect to the remote target first, then open
 the register window, all seems OK. And in the former problematic
 situation, if I close the register windown, then open it again, it's
 also OK. Maybe, there's some event missing for the register window.

 --

 Best regards.
 Robert