Re: insight/323: executable must be colocated with source

Synopsis: executable must be colocated with source

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->kseitz
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Feb 21 00:54:11 2008
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    mine
State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Thu Feb 21 00:54:11 2008
State-Changed-Why:
    There is something else going on. The source does NOT need to be co-located with your executable: gdb (and hence insight) will find your source files from the debug info contained in the executable.

    If this mechanism isn't working, you might need to open a console window and use gdb's "dir" command to help it find the source files (sorry, insight currently doesn't have an equivalent command). Type "help dir" for more information on the dir command in gdb.

    I hate to say this, but I've just tested this with my local installation (CVS HEAD), and I am unable to reproduce your problem following the procedure you've specified.

    Have you tried using the "-nx" option to gdb/insight? Perhaps there is some stale information in .gdbtkinit?

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=323