insight/222: TTY suspend when working in insght from terminal

>Number:         222
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       TTY suspend when working in insght from terminal
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon May 05 03:23:01 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Dominic C.
>Release:        insight-5.3
>Environment:
addsuffix
argv    ()
autoexpand
autolist
cdpath  /home/dcerquet
cwd     /home/dcerquet
dirstack        /home/dcerquet
echo_style      both
edit
gid     xxxx
group   dcerquet
history 100
home    /home/dcerquet
owd
path    (/home/dcerquet/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin /usr/bin/X11 /usr/games .)
prompt  %U%m%u:%B%~%b%#
prompt2 %R?
prompt3 CORRECT>%R (y|n|e|a)?
pushdtohome
shell   /usr/bin/tcsh
shlvl   4
status  0
tcsh    6.09.00
term    xterm
tty     pts/0
uid     xxxx
user    xxxx
version tcsh 6.09.00 (Astron) 1999-08-16 (i386-intel-linux) options 8b,nls,bye,al,ng,rh,nd,color
If you start up insight by typing 'insight' into an xterm, then start to debug a program by pressing a key (R), or if you  press S or N to step through it, the program will appear to hang (hourglass cursor, doesnt respond).

If you go back to the xterm you started it in and type 'fg' the program resumes operation.

This happens over and over.

I am using fluxbox as my window manager and if I launch insight by clicking on it through the menu, these problems do not occur.

I have to say tho... I am running an older version of Debian (2.2) and I don't have root on this box (its the CS dept's).  Insight is installed in my home dir, but ive never had problems with environment issues/such with installing other apps there, so im fairly certain this is ok.

We're getting these upgraded to redhat 9.0 or debian 3.0 right after school's done (about a week), so ill see if its still an issue then.
>How-To-Repeat:
Run insight by typing it in an xterm, run the program, press S or N to step through the code.  The app will appear to hang.
>Fix:
Dunno yet.