insight/179

The following reply was made to PR insight/179; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Cc: rnee@erols.com
Subject: insight/179
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:06:35 -0700 (PDT)

 From a SuSE developer on the gdb mailing list...

 Keith
 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:29:35 +0200
 From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
 To: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
 Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
 Subject: Re: libiberty?

 Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> writes:

 > On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
 >
 >> Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> writes:
 >>
 >> > I just got a PR concerning a libiberty build failure on SuSE8.0...
 >>
 >> Which PR?  Can I access the database somewhere?  I'll have a look.
 >
 > insight/179
 >
 > I appreciate any help you might be able to offer this user.

 It seems like some header files are not installed, some extracts from
 make.log:
 checking for sys/wait.h... (cached) no
 checking for vfork.h... (cached) no
 checking for working vfork... (cached) no
 checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) no

 I really suspect a broken installation where some of the glibc header
 files have been removed.

 Andreas
 --
  Andreas Jaeger