Re: insight/98: building and installing overwrites previous tcl-tk install

Synopsis: building and installing overwrites previous tcl-tk install

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->kseitz
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Jan  4 13:36:54 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    got it
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Fri Jan  4 13:36:54 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Unfortunately, the version of Tcl that comes with Insight must be used. While we are working toward fixing this, it is important to continue to use the repository versions of tcl, tk, itcl, and tix.

    If you already have a newer version of tcl installed, then use a different "--prefix" and "--exec-prefix" for your builds, putting Insight in, for example, /usr/local/insight instead of just /usr/local. I regularly do this and have several versions of tcl installed on my machine(s).

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=98&database=insight