This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Re: insight/113: gui locking up and misc problems
- From: kseitz at sources dot redhat dot com
- To: insight-prs at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, kseitz at sources dot redhat dot com, nobody at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, siuc_engr_99 at yahoo dot com
- Date: 4 Jan 2002 20:40:39 -0000
- Subject: Re: insight/113: gui locking up and misc problems
Synopsis: gui locking up and misc problems
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Jan 4 12:40:39 2002
State-Changed-When: Fri Jan 4 12:40:39 2002
I'm afraid that there must definitely be something wrong, since I debug using Insight almost daily.
Couple of suggestions:
1) Upgrade to Insight-5.1.
2) When Insight refuses to display source code, one of two conditions exists: a) Insight cannot find the source code or b) the executable was compiled with no debug information. Make sure you compile your program with the "-g" option.
I have yet to see insight lock up under linux. In fact, I haven't seen it do that ever. If you can supply me with a testcase to reproduce this lockup on Insight-5.1 or current CVS, I will be happy to look at it.