Re: Failure: explicit mark stack

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

> And I really had thought that by using an explicit stack we could achieve
> some speedup :-(

not really.  the real advantage of an explicit mark stack is its
better scalability.

[ come to think of it, you could construct an example where an
  explicit stack grows much less than the implicit one, like something
  that involves very long lists.  then the locality effects would be
  more apparent, and the results more meaningful. ]

--
It is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe.  It is equally vain to
try to do it with ten blunt axes instead.