This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: Multiple independent Guile interpreters
- To: guile at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Multiple independent Guile interpreters
- From: Ivan Toshkov <ivant at ifao dot net>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:57:57 +0300
- References: <20000712222319.A22846@emccta.com>
On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 10:23:19PM -0500, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> This is probably a FAQ, but...
> Is it possible to embed two or more independent guile interpreters
> into the same program and have them happily co-exist?
I'm not an expert here, but I think not. One of the reasons should be
the garbage collector. Another one -- taking over the main
method. Probably there are more adequate ones...
> If not, is there some schemey magic that could be used to emulate this
Yes! It's called first class environments. But I think we are waiting
for them in GUILE.
Again a GUILE guru may prove me wrong here.
> GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.