Re: Translation for extension is a bad idea

> First of all, it is to me unclear what the original goal of having
> translators was --- or rather, which problem exactly would be solved
> by having translators.

You probably don't want to use scheme as an extension
language for lilipond because this would make your customers
stay away from your program.

Wether you invent your own configuration language to let you customers
extend lilipond or use some other "standard" language doesn't matter,
translating your language to scheme *should* be easier than writing a
new language interpreter from scratch.

Jost