[Q] (newbie here) Guile as an extention language.

Hello,
I know a bit of lisp (just enough to configure emacs), but i have a good
grasp in C and Perl/Python programming and I am now intrested in writing
programs extentions with interpreted languages. I saw guile is
"the" gnu extentions language, and i suppose it's been choosed becouse it's
intrinsecally superior than perl/python, but i can't see this intrinsic
advantage (that's probably becouse of my poor lisp/scheme programming
skill).
Can any1 please explain the technical reasons leading to this choice? I know
this is probably a question a million people asked already, so any pointer
to FAQs or documents on the net would be fine too.
If you think i'm off topic here, please let me know it.
Thanks a lot in advance, (and sorry for my broken english)
Enrico Sirola

--
	Enrico Sirola
	Quantitative Analyst, FIN-ECO Investimenti SGR