Re: Scheme book recommendations

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

 > It may be that this kind of litterature is simply missing.  Yet, it is
 > true that it is exactly what Guile needs.
 >
 > Is the perl examples available on the net?  Maybe you could organize
 > some kind of coordinated effort to translate them?  Maybe you could
 > post a list of the examples, and people could grab one of them and
 > provide a translation?

Seeing the perl & guile examples side by side would be helpful for
people who know perl, so that's useful in and of itself.

Alternatively, a list of tasks with guile scripts which do them might
be nice too.

In fact, how about a page on the web site that looks like:

   Task description :
   Sample Code      :

Where people could enter task descriptions & sample code for said
tasks?

You could also have a list of tasks we'd like sample code for, and
people could select one & type in their code, or add new task
descriptions & then add code.

Then you'd end up with a list of task descriptions & various examples
of how to program them.  You could select the ones which are "best"
written & put them together with some additional discussion into
"Guile by Example" or "The Guile Cookbook".

--
Harvey Stein
Bloomberg LP