Threads in Guile

Hello!

I have already started to figure out how to extract the coop thread
support from guile.  I am not sure about the preferred overall design,
though, so I will describe you what I have done so far (nothing of this is
in cvs yet):

1) threads.[ch] has no link to the coop/quick threads code any more.
2) the code from coop-defs.h, coop-threads.[ch] and coop.c is merged into
   the files guile-qthreads.[ch].  This is the glue code between the
   generic threads interface and the qthreads library.

Nowhere in guile there is a reference to the things in guile-qthreads
any more with one exception:  iselect.[ch]  And, the stuff in there is
heavily connected with the implementation of the coop
threads.  Unfortunately, I don't really understand what is going on
there.  I am about to dig myself through it, but I would be thankful if I
could get information from you to make that digging easier.  Maybe
there has been some discussion about how that stuff could be implemented
in a more generic way?  I will not look into it before friday, then I will
appreciate any enlightening mails :-)

Best regards
Dirk