Re: Removing unneeded #ifdef's

On Thu, 11 May 100, Dale P. Smith wrote:

> I have many fond memories using of Turbo C.  The thought of trying to bring up
> Guile using it just make me shudder.  I think those #ifdef's should be removed.

Agreed.  If nobody objects, I will go ahead and remove that code.  But, if
somebody objects, could you please take a look at the corresponding ifdefs
to see if those are really still necessary?

For example, those who object should clarify whether statements like the
one below are really still valid.  (I think that we don't have to support
_old_ versions of Turbo C compilers - we don't do so with gcc).

#ifdef __TURBOC__
/* shifts of more than one are done by a library call, single shifts are
 * performed in registers
 */
# define SCM_MAKINUM(x) (SCM_PACK ((((x) << 1) << 1) + 2L))
#else
# define SCM_MAKINUM(x) (SCM_PACK (((x) << 2) + 2L))
#endif /* def __TURBOC__ */

Best regards
Dirk