Re: Removing things from numbers.h

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

> Is it OK to just remove these from numbers.h, or do we have to
> assume that people have used these definitions in their own code?

While I have not investigated your proposed changes in detail, I'd say
it is OK to just remove these macros from the public interface of
Guile.  There should be more clean alternatives avaliable.  The only
reason for using this low level stuff is performance, and I think it
is OK to just wait and see whether anyone is really needing these
macros.  If someone is, it might well be worthwhile to try to come up
with a better solution for his problems than using the macros.