Re: deeper constification

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> > If SCM_VECTOR_REF/SET will actually perform the equivalent to vector-ref
> > and vector-set!, then I'm in favor of these.  Otherwise, the names should
> > be different in order to avoid confusion.
> >
> > Although these names do not match the suggested style to put the SET at
> > the front of the identifier it may be better to keep them aligned to the
> > scheme level names.
>
> I agree with Dirk.
>
> Just a question: If we're making an exception from the naming
> convention in order to be consistent with Scheme, how do you feel
> about the fact that we're anyway not using the Scheme name translation
> convention?  (SCM_VECTOR_SET vs SCM_VECTOR_SET_X)

I'd say if we are to translate, then let's translate.  so
SCM_VECTOR_SET_X seems to be the best choice.

but in general, having both SET and _X in one name seems verbose.
hmm...  is there any agreement wrt macro names obeying the same rules
as function names?

--
REALITY is an illusion that stays put.