Re: Names in libguile

thi <ttn@revel.glug.org> writes:

> but this approach penalizes people who like to hack on distributions and
> who do not have easy CVS access.  i think a document's existence is just
> as important as its polish, especially internals-type stuff.  this is a
> common cry from the newcomer; guile maintainers need to learn to Let Go
> a little...

Yeah, but I'd like to fill this directory with lots of files
associated with Guile.  This is a need primarily for Guile
development.  It shouldn't be hampered by us hesitating whether
something is good enough to put there.  We also shouldn't hesitate to
use it as a repository for documents about Guile.

And not that it still is publically available.  That's a lot better
than the current situation where each developer has his own archives,
invisible to everybody (including himself sometimes :)

One suggestion from Julien Rousseau is to have one directory which
contains the whole bunch of stuff of varying quality, and another
which is included in the distribution.  Then we can move over things
which is more complete and useful than misleading and confusing to
this second directory successively.

(Maybe it should be a separate module?)