>   (debug-enable 'debug)
>   (read-enable 'positions)
>   (hello)

I can't do that by mistake :)

One mistake I often make is like this:

  (hello))  ; An extra `)'

or

  (hello    ; A lack of `)'

I want to get these locations detected by the loader.  Any good idea?

> I don't think this is an ideal situation.  I think some measures
> should be taken to improve completeness and easy of use of these
> facilities.

This kind of mistakes happen only when I modify files.  I don't need
powerful debug facilities for those errors.  Is it possible to add
some light tricks in the loader or reader?

> We could also consider if maybe the debugging evaluator and position
> information should be enabled by default while reading .guile.

Adding an option like --debug-init may be enough.
Not helpful for beginners, though.