Re: About modules

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> "Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:
>
> > Mikael, do you have the time?
>
> Not really.
>
> > If not, and if we're all agreed that the patch should go in ASAP,
> > I'll do it (I really don't have the time, but I'll do it anyway as long
> > as others will be able to help with the inevitable fallout).
>
> If you merge the environment patches, I'll merge GOOPS.  :)

Deal -- Jost, can you send me the patches -- I'll get to this over the
weekend, I expect.

> > Incidentally, we've made some really good progress on adding docstrings,
> > but I need the help of the some of the Guile authors to document the
> > many not-standard-Scheme functions that are still missing
> > docstrings. (E.g., stacks.c and debug.c would probably only take 30
> > minutes each for the original author [Mikael, I believe] to add
> > docstrings to, but would require an hour and a half of my time, and I'd
> > make more superficial remarks and not necessarily have the perspective
> > to remove code that's no longer relevant.)
>
> I'll add docstrings in these files.

Superb!  Below the output of my "remaining-docs-needed" script as Guile
stands in CVS.  It'd also be great if you could give a look through the
files and see if there's stuff that should be cut from guile.  E.g., I
don't see the point of lang.c and question whether those functions
should be written as C primitives.  Obviously don't worry about all of
the undocumented functions (e.g., I can easily manage the numbers.c
primitives), but addressing those files that you predominantly wrote
would be very helpful (another example is backtrace.c [in addition to
stacks.c, debug.c]).

Thanks,
Greg

     10 async.c