Re: About modules

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 12:38:59AM +0100, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> Lalo Martins <lalo@hackandroll.org> writes:
>
> > Nice to know Guile has officially been declared "low priority".
>
> It hasn't.

Sorry, I was only trying to provoke some reaction. I mean, it's
a quite big project... if Maciej is busy, I'm sure there is
someone else with the power to merge such an important patch?

Guile is a moving target currently. It isn't worth coding for
it, because environments, goops and the new module system will
change the world, and render all existing code not
incompatible, probably, but obsolete.

Still, the changes just don't happen. Which means, people
choose not to code for Guile, because they can't wait.

For example, if Guile was reasonably usable 6 months ago,
Sawmill would be based on Guile instead of Rep. Not to say SCWM
isn't cool, but Sawmill quickly climbed to the top-5 list,
_because_ it's so customizable (and SCWM is more, which is hard
to understand). And a lot of projects using Python would be
using Guile instead, too.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----