Re: binary-io (was Re: rfc 2045 base64 encoding/decoding module)

    C> This is reminding me of Pascal... people say, "Oh, it's a
    C> teaching language" so they cripple it and refuse to deal with
    C> the sometimes difficult topics

You've hit the nail on the head.  There seems to be a large faction of
the primary designers who will fight tooth and nail to prevent it from
becoming a general purpose language.  I think they consider pascal a
failure since it almost became useful.

Cheers,

Clark