Re: Translators again (Re: Python transformer for Guile?)

Lalo Martins <lalo@webcom.com> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 02:24:32PM +0000, Neil Jerram wrote:
> > Lalo Martins writes:
> >
> > 1. The result of "translation" is a stream of Scheme expressions (as
> > though returned by "read") that are to be evaluated in a specified
> > environment.
>
> I believe the original design was to munch the whole thing and
> return the corresponding guile-scheme code.

Yes, for certain kinds of analysis it is necessary to much the whole
thing.  Especially if we want to have the possibility to write
advanced translators producing efficient code, we must allow
translation per module.

Producing a stream of Scheme expressions is too strict constraints.