Re: Recent CVS build failures

John Daschbach <jldasch@3-cities.com> writes:

> Builds from CVS fail for me after a Jan 9 CVS update (ok) Jan 10 not
> ok.  The failure seems to be due to a change in the dynamic linking
> code, or really the inlclude files for this.   The error is:
>
> Making all in libguile
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/guile/guile/guile-core/libguile'
> ./guile-doc-snarf dynl.c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I.. -I./..   -g
> -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes dynl.c > dynl.x \
> || { rm dynl.x; false; }
> dynl.c:235: ltdl.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [dynl.x] Error 1
>
> ltdl.h is a libtool file, but it doesn't appear that the guile build is
> using libtool.  I have ltdl.h and a recent libtool.

The ltdl.h which Guile should use is included in the distribution and
the line above producing dynl.x should have had a -I../libltdl in it.

Do you find libltdl in your checked out source?
(If you just did an update in an already checked out source tree, you
 may have to do

  cvs update -d

)

Also, remember that you have to do

  ./autogen.sh

at the top of the source directory before running `configure'.

Best regards,
/mdj