Re: modguile / apache

>>> Chris Bitmead <chris.bitmead@bigfoot.com> 12-Jan-00 11:42:06 PM
>>>

>There was talk about a year ago of implementing  something
>like modguile for apache. At the time there were some issues
>(like gh_enter and the problem of finding the top of stack for gc).
> Has anyone made any progres on this front? Anybody doing any
>scheme cgi type programming?

Bruce Lewis has a thing called BRL (Beutifull Report Language) which
uses the Kawa Scheme system (a Scheme to JVM byte code tool) to allow
server side Scheme in web pages. You can also do Servlets (a Sun
object definition for a server side component) in Scheme with the
system.

I'm trying to get the time to put together a distribution of this,
Kaffe and GNU-Paperclips (a servlet engine - required to run BRL and
servlets generally) but time is always a problem.

>I'm desperate to dump perl!!!

Hurrah!

I think Bruce maybe on this list... if he is I'm sure he can tell you
more. You can get it from:
ftp://ftp.cs.indiana.edu/pub/scheme-repository/incoming

He has told me he'll be doing a manual soon.

Nic Ferrier