Re: message primitive

"Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:

> Should it be prefixed with %?  I.e., %simple-format?

(Sorry, missed this question.)

Generally, I think it is a good idea to ask the question: Is this a
feature which we want to include in the Guile language?  Would a new
Guile user be happy when we sees this primitive?  Would Shriram be
happy?

If the answer is no, we don't include it at all.  If the answer is
yes, we included fully, i.e., with some sensible name.  I actually
would very much like to extinguish all %-names.

(Not that I've lived up to this policy myself through the years. :)