Re: message primitive

"Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:

> But it's *not* got anything to do with errors (except that the error
> functionality will *use* it).  I think the leading candidates is:
> %simple-message

How about "simple-format"?

/mdj

P.S. I should add that I'm a bit reluctant to this whole thing.  It
     seems to me that one wants to avoid redundancy.  If there's a
     problem that the current format loads a lot of scheme code, then
     perhaps the right solution is to implement it in C?

     If it's too heavyweight, then one might be able to strip away
     some of the features, provide a simple format in libguile and
     make a more general version of `format' available in a library?