Re: Guile´s type system (the SCM_*P macros)

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> Jim and Maciej,

[sorry for answering anyway ;-]

> in the light of Greg Badros recent changes to Guile´s type-test macros
> (the `SCM_FOOP´ thing) what do you think, should the macros
> SCM_FOO_ENVIRONMENTP(val) also check if `val´ is really an
> environment?  If so, we need another SCM_SLOPPY_FOO_ENVIRONMENTP()
> macros which only test if `val´ has the type foo.

Concerning the SCM_NIMP && SCM_FOOP macros, there is no middle
ground---that would be confusing.  From now on, *all* type testing
macros which operate on non-immedate objects should have SCM_NIMP
included.

Let me use this opportunity to say again that I concur with the basic
idea of this change.

Also, I don't think the SLOPPY versions will be needed except in a few
time-critical places.

Best regards,
/mdj