Re: Doc Tasks (was RE: docstrings in Guile!)

    >>  One option might be to prefix the tags, say with a @, and then
    >> surround the value with {}'s...  One advantage is that "@"
    >> doesn't show up in much code.  I used ()'s in a document
    >> extractor I wrote and I sort of wish I'd used @blah{blat}
    >> instead.

My point was that TeXInfo actually has all of the needed tags and is
an established format.

    Greg> For the record, I think this is a bad idea, but you folks
    Greg> may be more sold on SGML/XML technology after taking a look
    Greg> at some interesting work the Scheme and Lisp community has
    Greg> done that leverages Scheme/Lisp for SGML processing.  If you
    Greg> haven't already, see:

It certainly is a vast improvement over SGML.  It looks like a SEXP
syntax for TeX.  That's not a bad thing, but I don't see how "{\var
my-var}" is better than "@var{my-var}".  Especially given that TeXInfo
has a mature set of tools.

Cheers,

Clark