Re: Ideas for getting started on documentation

John Wiegley <johnw@gnu.org> writes:

> I would like to try working on some chapters toward a better Guile
> manual.  What would people recommend, in their experience, as the
> most worthwhile places to begin?

It depends on what you know ;'). Adding correct doc strings to the
source is an immediate priority, and it's not all that difficult if
you can read c code (most of the primitives available from scheme are
pretty straight-forward: see also Greg's reply to ryan yeske
[Coordinating docstring work] where he pimps my qdocs site
>;'). Documentation for scheme files (and particularly parts of
boot-9) could also be a good place to start.

If you've had some particular experience doing something with guile
(especially if you had problems), documenting what the problems were
and how you fixed 'em would be great.

Right now, what we need more than a nice, organized manual is a big
pile of stuff that can be made into a nice, organized manual :)

--
Greg: just finished his term paper (: happy dance :)