Re: Ideas for getting started on documentation

> From: John Wiegley <johnw@gnu.org>
> Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:26:32 -0500 (EST)
>
> I would like to try working on some chapters toward a better Guile
> manual.  What would people recommend, in their experience, as the
> most worthwhile places to begin?

In order of importance:

1) Full documentation of all guile functions (scheme level), organized by
   topic.

2) Full documentation of all guile data types, and the functions that
   operate on them (this overlaps with (1)).

3) How to extend guile with new functions and new data types at the C level.

4) R[45]RS.

5) Guile extensions to scheme: GOOPS, the module system, new data types, etc.

6) Scheme tutorial.

7) Lots of sample scripts; how to use guile for typical scripting tasks.

8) Guile internals.

Mike