SWIG (Was Re: Another const PATCH plus problems with gh_new_procedure)

DH> Thanks for your help.  I incorporated this change into SWIG, but with the
DH> extension, that it now produces gh_new_procedure<x>_0 calls for all functions
DH> with up to 5 parameters, thus reducing the need for casting only to the
DH> other cases.

DH> These patches are against swig1.1p5.  Thus, if anybody is interested in these,
DH> i'd be glad to provide them to you.  I would also like to add them to the
DH> newest release of SWIG (if there will still be guile support in it) as soon as
DH> this one gets available.

I think it is really cool that you have worked on a SWIG
interface. The SWIG author (David Beazley?) will probably be happy
about your patches. I remember that an early version of SWIG did in
fact have Guile support. I believe he withdraw the support because of
the volatile status of Guile rather than for political reasons or lack
of interest.

Have you used GOOPS in this interface? I have not thought this
through, but it seems as GOOPS could make a very pretty mapping from
C/C++ structs/classes to Scheme objects.

	Regards,
	Lars

--
Lars Arvestad               Dept. of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science
                       Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden