Re: Uniform arrays and numerical stuff

> From: Valentin Kamyshenko <val@kamysh.materials.kiev.ua>
>
> David> (2) Mark Galassi was going to set up a mailing list for
> David> numeical stuff + Guile. Is that list still existing/active ?
> There was a good discussion there during few months a year ago, but
> now it is dead (so far as I see).

I guess it was started because of an extremely long discussion on the
guile mailing list, which was not of much interest to a large part of
Guile users.  One could still keep "guile-numerical@nis.lanl.gov" for
such specialized discussions.  On the other hand, the mailing
frequency on the Guile mailing list has gone down, so that this isn't
a problem anymore.  I guess, everyone watching "guile-numerical" is
also following the central mailing list.

Niko.

P.S.: Thanks to Jim and Mikael for their work.  I wish much luck to
their successors.

Some question from someone who does not know the Scheme/LISP history
too well:

1) There are several other active Scheme dialects around:
- SCM http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SCM.html
  (where Guile was derived from)
- MzScheme: http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/mzscheme/

I would be interested how they compare to Guile.  Could someone
knowing those versions please them with Guile?  How much could one
take over from those dialects (e.g. could one copy a manual and make
adaptions for Guile).

2) Related question for GOOPS: which other scheme object systems do
   exist?  How does GOOPS compare with them?