Re: fyi: beginnings of LAML support for guile

thi wrote:

> in comp.lang.scheme there is a thread discussing LAML (lisp abstraction
> markup language) by Kurt Normark.  it sits on top of scm and mzscheme
> currently, so in a fit of procrastination, i started munging it to use
> guile.  for those interested, below is a modified laml-config.scm (from
> version 12 of LAML), but there is more work to be done and i've lost
> interest.
>
> the config system uses scheme and is not autoconf-based, which was
> initially interesting, but code (dis?)organization requires changes to
> many places, which is a PITA -- like vc.el in emacs.  :-/
>
> anyway, will go back to looking at extract by C.McGrew.

I would suggest to send a copy of it to the author of LAML and/or
looking for someone who will adapt it further.

BTW I was able to run it under Linux using MzScheme. So it seems to be
not to difficult to port to other Scheme-dialects. (Unfortunatly one
have to take care of differences, and that's one thing  I do not like
about Scheme. I can't easily use things implemented in on Dialect in
anotther)

Regards
Friedrich