SRFI-13 string library -- request for comments & reviews

I have just released the round-3 draft of the string library I am developing
as a SRFI for the Scheme community. It will be accompanied by an open-software
portable reference implementation when it is finalized.

I think a rich string library is *very important* for the guile community,
since things like scripting, web applications, text editing, and so forth
-- the things dead center in guile's application space -- involve a lot
of string processing. I would be very interested in getting the input of
the people working on guile, so that we can develop a library that y'all
will find useful for your work.

Guile provides shared-text substrings (right?) -- you all will be glad to
know I have carefully designed the library to accomodate implementations
that have this feature.

You can find all the details on the SRFI at
    http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-13/
In the discussion archive, you can look for my most recent message,
subject
    Round 3 discussion & open issues
This will give you the latest update on what are the current issues under
discussion, and what are the recent changes to the library. For the
next 24 hours or so, the current draft of the SRFI resides at
     ftp://ftp.ai.mit.edu/people/shivers/srfi/13/srfi-13.txt
but will quickly be moved to the official SRFI site at the above
srfi.schemers.org URL. You can read it to get the full story on the
library.
    -Olin