Re: Module hierarchy [was Re: A few random thoughts]

Thi writes:

- install it on glug.org w/ the following first-stab top-level

          (posix ...)   POSIX stuff
          (shell ...)   Exec'ing Unix commands, parsing arguments, etc.
          (net ...)     networking
          (gui ...)     GUI toolkit interfaces, and related things
          (math ...)    Mathematical functions
	  (guile ...)   Guile stuff

Clark writes:

Cool... This is great, but these categories are pretty specific.  I
think there needs to be at least one other catch all-group like (util
...).  I'd suggest this hold modules similar to (ice-9 format), (ice-9
q), &c (I'm not suggesting moving those modules into (util ...), but
as examples of the sort of things (util ...) might hold).

I also think there should be a top-level entry for SRFI code.  This
could contain pointers to the appropriate module in the other
categories.

Thanks,

Clark