documentation status?

  Hi all.  What's the current status of the Guile docs?  I know there's a
doc for writing C code for use with guile, what I'm wondering about is
sort of the nuts and bolts of the system.  Like what the heck is this
ice-9, and how do I use Slib anyway? (I seem to recall having some trouble
trying to use the slib package by itself - i.e. the original source, not
packaged with guile or anything).

Lynn