Re: closures for GOOPS privates

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> The reason why I refer to Meyer's work so often is that he has much
> more experience than CLOS/Loops/Flavors people together.

The question is, how much of it applies to LISP family of languages?
Very little, judging by the fact that Eiffel doesn't have MD, nor MOP
(introspection is *not* MOP), nor decent way to turn the bloody
annoying checks *off* when you decide they get in the way.

> It may not be possible to use feature renaming in scheme so that one
> must explicitly reorder the class precedence list to solve a MI
> conflict.  But it is important to talk about the concepts first and
> to identify and point out the weaknesses that other OO systems (like
> CLOS) have.

Mikael said he'd allow for non-merging of the slots with the same
name. Perhaps you should discuss it with him?

You also fail to explain why need for renaming is a weakness - it's
not as if it were *impossible* to rename slots. It's not even hard.

--
How to eff the ineffable?