How to use-modules .so files?

Hi there.
I'm trying to make my new shared library for Guile so it can be
included by use-modules.

I have a function

void
scm_init_database_squile_module(void)
{
        scm_register_module_xxx("database squile",
                                scm_init_squile_module);
}

Where void scm_init_squile_module(void);

My %load-path include /usr/share/guile and
/usr/share/guile/database, but a (use-modules (database squile))
just says "No such module".

After a

(link-dynamic-module "/usr/share/guile/database/squile.so"
                     "scm_init_database_squile_module")

i can do (use-modules (database squile)) and have the functions
available.

What am i missing? (the topic of how Guile loads .so files is
pretty difficult to follow. The new module system should clean
that up too, right?)
     -forcer

--
((email . "forcer@mindless.com")       (www . "http://forcix.cx/")