Guile, CORBA and GNOME

Hello guys,

   It has been quite a while since I last posted here.

   As you might know, we have been busy working on the GNOME system,
and we have been adding to our applications CORBA interfaces, to
enable other applications to remotely control them.

   We want to base the scripting in the GNOME system on CORBA, as this
means people will have a wide range of choices for controlling and
scripting their applications.

   Currently, you can talk to GNOME components using Owen Taylor's
package (http://news.gnome.org/gnome-news/937786319/index_html) for
Perl using ORBit.

   His code can talk to a running Interface Repository daemon (which
we are lacking in GNOME) or parse a CORBA IDL file to import the CORBA
interface.

   GNOME has two extensions over regular CORBA: we do have an
authentication system in place and and object activation system.
Owen's code provide two things: the CORBA bindings and the GNOME
extensions.

   So, I would like to know if someone is interested in working on
adding CORBA support to Guile, and a good, solid foundation exists
that can be taken as a reference.

Miguel.