Re: Backtraces no longer have source information

Greg Badros <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:

> Sometime since guile-1.3 some of the debugging options seem to have
> changed.
>
> Scwm now must do:
>
> (debug-enable 'debug) (read-enable 'positions)
>
> to get back to the guile-1.3 behaviour.
>
> I can't find mention of these changes in NEWS, the ChangeLog or the cvs
> commit logs.  Am I just overlooking them, were they forgotten, or is
> something else going on that I'm not aware of?
>
> In particular, according to the NEWS log, (debug-enable 'backtrace)
> should've been necessary since Guile-1.0b3, but I'm pretty sure it
> wasn't needed in guile-1.3  (Scwm had a flag to turn it off, and
> assummed it was on by default).

Sorry.  I introduced a bug in 1.3.4.  Earlier a lot of modules needed
for interactive use were loaded also when not running the repl.  I
changed this in order to speed up startup time for scripts.

I should have moved the last two lines of debug.scm to boot-9.scm...