Re: guile-1.3.4pre - build reports

Thanks very much!

> Building on UnixWare 7.1 failed - it tends to choke config.guess, will
> probably
> be fixed by the next release of autoconf.
> Building with vendor compilers on aix, hpux and Digital Unix (osf4.0e) also
> failed

This we won't fix in 1.3.4.

I think I have fixed the ANSI C compiler switch selection.

> Please also consider having the directory in prelease snapshots as
> guile-1.3.4-pre<<No>> so there is no confusion with release
> versions.

Hmm.  They're not supposed to last that long.

> Please also consider packaging up the dejagnu testsuite with the
> pre-release snapshots. Doing so may make it easier for people like
> me with minimal scheme experience but access to diverse hardware to
> contribute.

There's no dejagnu test suite.  The Guile test suite is written in
Guile.  :) We're going to integrate it with the sources in the next
release; 'make check' will do the right thing.