This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: Ousterhout's quote in guile-ref.texi
- To: Jim Blandy <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Ousterhout's quote in guile-ref.texi
- From: Dirk Herrmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:48:20 +0200 (MEST)
- cc: Guile Mailing List <email@example.com>
On 31 Aug 1999, Jim Blandy wrote:
> But if folks think that including Osterhout's quote in that way seems
> mean-spirited, I'll remove it. I'm not trying to be nasty. But it's
> a ridiculous situation, and it needs to be punctured somehow.
Has someone ever cared to ask John Ousterhout about the whole thing? I
find his quote quite amusing because to me it is obvious that the quote is
not to be taken verbally. I think it would be fair to let him decide,
maybe he'd also like to add some comment.
Reading the quote again, I just have to assume that Osterhout has a good
sense of humour. Thus, it appears to be strange to remove the quote and
thus imply that he would not take it humourously.