This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: Readline support
- To: Martin Soto <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Readline support
- From: Mikael Djurfeldt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 31 Aug 1999 14:25:37 +0200
- Cc: email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
Martin Soto <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I'm having some trouble with the support for GNU readline in
> guile-1.3.3c from ftp.nada.kth.se. I followed the instructions in the
> NEWS file to activate readline, but when I issue the prescribed
> commands I only get an error message:
> guile> (use-modules (readline-activator))
> guile> (activate-readline)
> ERROR: In expression (define-private %readline readline):
> ERROR: Unbound variable: readline
> ABORT: (misc-error)
Actually the NEWS file tells you to put those two lines in .guile.
My guess is that things will work if you do so.
However, one could consider it a bug that Guile doesn't behave more
intelligibly when you do the above.
I'll see if we can fix this.