This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: licensing for guile modules written in scheme
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: licensing for guile modules written in scheme
- From: Jim Blandy <email@example.com>
- Date: 31 Aug 1999 07:13:10 -0500
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
A license is a political tool. I think you should choose your license
to match your political aims.
For me, Free software is what makes programming enjoyable, but
there's no point in doing it alone, so I want to use every means at my
disposal to persuade others to do the same. I think the GPL has the
right mix of encouragement (if you want to use my code, you have to
GPL yours too) and leniency (nobody's forcing you to use my code), so
I prefer to put my work under the GPL.