Re: readline again

Mikael,

Actually, the configure script *did* generate a warning, which I didn't
notice.  Here it is:

checking for main in -lreadline... yes
checking for rl_clear_signals... yes
checking for rl_cleanup_after_signal... yes
checking for rl_getc_function pointer in readline... no
configure: warning: Warning: libreadline is too old on your system.  You need
configure: warning: readline version 2.1 or later.

However, I have readline version 4.0 installed in the same library I
installed the guile libraries in (in my case
/home/mvanier/local/Solaris/lib), but the configure script doesn't find
it.  I also tried:

env LDFLAGS="-L/home/mvanier/local/Solaris/lib" configure --prefix=/home/mvanier/local/Solaris/lib

and

env LDFLAGS="-R/home/mvanier/local/Solaris/lib" configure --prefix=/home/mvanier/local/Solaris/lib

but these gave the same warning message.  What's the magic incantation to allow the
configure script to find my readline libraries?

Mike