Re: mod_guile design problems

Hi,

a few stupid questions come to my mind:

How (from where) do you start the guile interpreter?

Do you want to create an application server listening on a socket
or do you start guile whenever apache forks a new process?

What's the difference between a "content handler" and a apache module?

> I actually implemented a cache-load function which loads a file
> into a (lambda () ...) so the eval'd version will just give a
> function that, when eval'd, will result in the same actions as
> even reloading if the mtime changes).
> The only problem i see here is that multiple defines in the
> beginning of the file won't work as expected (the differences of
> multiple defines in a function to multiple defines in the top
> level are one of the very, very few warts in Scheme)

In other words your lambda function translates a module's definitions
into an environment with set of top-level bindings?
The module system does this.  You call a init function and pass it
an environment and you get back a set of top-level bindings within
this environment.

> This approach allows us to do e.g. "GuileSetReader .tcl read-tcl"
> or something like this, and have faster Tcl CGI's (of course they

What do you mean with "GuileSetReader .tcl read-tcl"?  Should
the reader translate tcl into guile statements?

Jost