This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
- To: "Kei Nishida" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: unexec
- From: Bernard URBAN <Bernard.Urban@meteo.fr>
- Date: 02 Aug 1999 10:12:42 +0200
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Kei" == Kei Nishida <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Kei> Hello, Is unexec now available for Guile? Or is there any
Kei> plan for that, or is anyone working on that?
Unexec is not directly in guile-core, but a working one exists in
guile-hobbit-1.3.3 (in contrib/misc at red-bean) for at least ELF
(includes Linux and Solaris) and HP-UX.
You cannot dyn-load code BEFORE unexec-ing. On some
machines, (HP-UX) you cannot dyn-load new code in the dumped
executable, at least for the moment.
If you are interested for other architectures, notice that the unexec code
was taken from emacs. So if it works on some machine
for emacs, it is technically possible to make it work for Guile.
- From: "Kei Nishida" <email@example.com>