duh (was: Re: Something like vector-grow available?)

Michael Livshin <cmm@verisity.com> writes:

> hmm, now that I think about this, the way guardians are implemented,
> they could be used as perfectly nice weak lists!  all you need is a
> way to access the 'live list' of a guardian from Scheme.  it is very
> easy to implement and seems useful.  comments?  I admit I didn't think
> about it a lot, maybe it's a terrible idea.

ok, not an entirely terrible idea, but not too great either.

a better idea is something like a `guardian-live-list-fold' function,
so that the live list can be traversed but *not* changed (and a C
counterpart too).

what do you people think?

--mike