Re: records

Michael Livshin <mike@olan.com> writes:

> as for the ways of implementing records for Guile, well, you could do
> it in Goops, or you could do it with structs (as it is now).

We should perhaps clearify that structs, in their present form, is
regarded an abomination and will be replaced.

> I have some great plans to replace structs with suitably extended
> version of records, and even have most of the design in place (if my
> mind can be called a place ;), but I ever lack time.

When you have time, we should perhaps gather ourselves and make a list
of the features that we really want to have in a new struct
implementation.  During the development of GOOPS, there has turned up
new needs which have been hacked in on top of the old kludge.