Re: ANSI vs. K&R prototypes [was Re: patch for dynl.c]

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> > Looks like you're switching to ANSI prototypes... is it okay for me to
> > update the prototypes in the files I touch for the SMOB stuff (or do you
> > want it done as more of a single self-contained pass later on)?
>
> I think this is the same situation as the const changes --- let's try
> to get the big pending patches into the sources, and then take care of
> these things.
>
> But it's certainly fine to use prototypes in new code, or if you're
> making changes to those functions anyway.  Any patches to that code
> are going to rot anyway, so you might as well make it worthwhile.

Okay.  I'm still not clear about whether guile-1.3.2 is going to be out
of the latest guile-core CVS source, or whether it is smaller changes
off of the version that was released as guile-1.3 (and was there ever a
guile-1.3.1?  There isn't one at the usual GNU ftp sites).

Thanks,
Greg