Guile and alarm(2)

Hmm..
What happens when Guile is in the middle of some processing
(gh_eval_str, or something) and the process is interrupted by a
signal, e.g. SIGALRM?

The reason i'm asking this is that in Apache, one can set hard
timeouts, which work by calling alarm(2), and aborting all
processing. I'm sure that at least in those areas who are usually
secured by SCM_DEFER_INTS / SCM_ALLOW_INTS, such an interrupt
(without resumeing the original processing) would cause alot of
trouble. Right?

If so, how can i "protect" those functions, if at all? I have
similar functions, ap_block_alarms() / ap_unblock_alarms(), which
i could call, but do i really have to wrap every scm_* and gh_*
call with those? I hope not :)

Any ideas on how to solve this would be appreciated,
    -forcer

P.S.: mod_guile is making good progress. It would benefit greatly
      from the implementation of environments, but will work
      without them. I'll make a release soon (soon being about a
      month or so). :)

--
((email . "forcer@mindless.com")       (www . "http://forcix.cx/")
 (irc   . "forcer@#StarWars (IRCnet)") (gpg . "/other/forcer.gpg"))